At Semestry (an Operating Company of Tribal Group Plc) our goal is to enable institutions to deliver timetables that are distinctly personalised and to foster greater wellbeing through personalised schedules that allow for individual engagement and choice for students and staff.
Semestry is currently seeking a Full-time Consultant, to support the successful deployment of Semestry’s TermTime, ExamTime, and MyTimetable scheduling solutions.
Using your practitioner experience and a deep understanding of our software, you will have the opportunity to deliver exciting projects that support new, existing and prospective customers in the UK, and other markets. You will share expertise, and deliver implementation consultancy and training for clients, as well as contributing internally as an expert to the ongoing development of our products.
Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will have relevant higher education sector experience, be a confident communicator, motivated, thoughtful, collaborative, strategic, and well-organised. Working in student services with exposure to student scheduling, exam scheduling or curriculum planning are highly desired. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate product capabilities into benefits is crucial.
Where you can make an impact
• Deliver all TermTime, ExamTime, and MyTimetable project deliverables on scope, on time and on budget with exceptional quality
• Maintain current expertise with the latest Semestry solutions and tools to bring more value to the consulting process
• Problem solving to diagnose a problem, gather supporting evidence to present to others to help solve the problem
• Supporting customers to make a smooth transition from their existing Scheduling systems and processes to the new Semestry tools and processes through implementation efforts and, where appropriate ongoing consulting. Providing change management advice as appropriate
• Business process review and analysis of client business requirements. Gather and document business requirements, discuss with clients, advising on the adoption of good scheduling (industry-wide) practice, and brief other implementation team members on requirements.
• Configuring client systems in alignment with client needs and provide training in the use and upkeep of the Semestry applications and technologies.
• Working collaboratively with clients to derive maximum value from Semestry solutions.
• Using a disciplined methodology, refine project engagement agendas, customer discussions, conduct group presentations, and lead working group sessions that involve all relevant stakeholders and achieve engagement goals.
• Take an active role in leading, identifying, communicating, and advancing development opportunities for Semestry’s Professional Services, internal processes, and products
• Participate in Semestry initiatives as required
• Provide excellent client service and timely problem resolution to reported issues.
• Oversee successful implementations including activities such as keeping clients on track, recognising and communicating ‘red flag’ issues, and working closely with the assigned practice or project lead
• Consistently maintain client satisfaction rating for services provided
What you will bring
Essential: A degree or equivalent relevant experience
Desirable: Certification in Project Management (i.e. PRINCE2 Practitioner, or similar)
Skills and Abilities
Essential: Experience of management and delivery of projects.
Experience of facilitating remote training sessions or workshops.
A quick learner, able to work independently to develop technical skills.
Desirable: Demonstrable negotiation skills, with the ability to have difficult conversations.
Knowledge of virtual learning technologies to enhance the delivery of workshops and training
Knowledge and Experience
Essential: Experienced Higher Education timetabler, an expert user of a leading education scheduling system.
Experience of scheduling Examination timetables.
Track record of exposure to a range of stakeholders (academic, professional and management)
Desirable: A user of (or at least familiar with) TermTime and ExamTime
Basic understanding of data integration between student management systems and timetabling systems.
The role is remote, UK home-based. Some travel may be required (e.g. for staff development, an on-site training or workshop) but the vast majority of the work can be delivered remotely.
For an informal discussion please contact Anne Johnson, Practice Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send a current CV (or LinkedIn Profile) to email@example.com by Friday 5th November, with a covering statement explaining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria described above.
Please share with us your current salary and your notice period and whether you are interested in:
– a Full-Time role
– An ‘Associate’ role (X days per month on top of day job) – this would be for people who are already expert users of TermTime or ExamTime.
Apply by 5th November 2021
Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org